Amy Guy

Raw Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Week in review: Networking

7th January - 13th January

I was subject of Paolo's procedural task labelling pilot experiment.  It was quite complicated.  I don't know if I did a very good job.

I went to TechMeetup and networked like crazy.

  • I talked to Andy Hyde about ALISS getting involved with the ILW hack, and Edinburgh OD scene in general.
  • And a few other people about supporting the ILW hack in various ways.
  • I talked to Felix Gilfedder of Popcorn Horror about novel ways of engaging with creative digital media communities (PhD related!)
  • I briefly met Russell, with whom I hope to discuss digital video metadata (PhD related!)
  • One other thing which isn't related to Open Data or my PhD but is very exciting nonetheless.
I went to a Design Informatics talk about the Internet of Things.