Amy Guy

Raw Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A moorhen died in my arms today.

It was sad indeed.  Plus the hoard of ducklings is now down to seven.  (There were nine, last time I was in, and they started at ten).  Apparently they can die from being too wet.  Who knew.

I also encountered this morning: a pigeon who held his head upside down and walked in circles.  He had issues.  And a flightless canary, who seems healthy in all other aspects.  Maybe he’s just awkward.  But because of this, it doesn’t look like he’s fit for the outside aviary.  If I didn’t think Tigo would eat him, I’d adopt him in a second.

Speaking of Tigo, he seems to be exhibiting nesting behaviour:
[images]
I think he might be hormonal.  It would certainly explain the sudden increase in biting.

PS. Yesterday’s prophecy came true.  Quelle surprise.